Crowns Bridgeport CT & Bridgeport CT Dental Office
Why is a dental crown needed?It is essential for:
- Rebuilding of broken, worn down or decayed teeth/tooth
- For holding together parts of cracked tooth in place and keep them functioning properly
- Restoration of broken, damaged or severely worn out tooth/teeth back to their operational state
- Supporting teeth with large fillings
- For securing dental bridges into place
- For cosmetic enhancement of deformed teeth or to whiten severely discolored teeth
- For covering up a dental implant
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a cosmetic enhancement made to fit between two separate crowns made from porcelain. The primary role of a dental bridge is to fill a gap that is left behind by a previously set implant or a mission tooth. It can be considered as a fixed bridge that cannot be removed at will like a partial denture.
The crowns are put into their place on top of a damaged tooth and cemented to its place. When the procedure is done, only the porcelain portion remains above the surface of the gum.
3-Unit Bridge Procedure
Cantilever Bridge Procedure
Maryland Bridge Procedure
Crowns after Root Canal Therapy
Core Buildup Procedure
Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal Crown Procedure
Porcelain Crown Procedure
Post and Core Procedures